What is the cost to wrap dock pilings? Dock piling wraps are an essential investment for those who own a dock or boathouse. These wraps are designed to protect dock pilings from the harsh effects of the environment and marine life, extending the lifespan of your dock and preventing costly repairs in the long run. While dock piling wraps are a valuable investment, many may be hesitant due to the perceived cost.
Calculating How Much Piling Wrap Is Required
Calculate the circumference of each piling to determine the amount of piling wrap needed for your project. Multiply the diameter by 3.14 and add 6 inches for overlap.
The 60-inch piling wrap is perfect for shallow water applications. It can usually protect the entire piling.
If the water is more profound than 60 inches, the 36-inch wrap can be used vertically to wrap the post at any length. If the diameter of the post is less than 32 inches
The piling wrap should be attached to the post with 1-1/4″ stainless-steel ring-shank roofing nails. These can be bought at your local hardware store. Each nail should be placed every 2 inches along the material seams.
What is Dock Piling Wrap?
Piling wrap protects your dock pilings against cracking and chipping. It also helps keep sea life away from the piling, which can eventually cause structural damage. It provides excellent protection that will prolong the life of your wood and prevent costly replacement. Piling wrap is made from durable HDPE plastic. It is attached to the outside piling to protect it against marine borers. Marine borers belong to two families: mollusks and crustaceans. Both families live in seawater, so most waterfront structures must be protected. Even the most challenging wood can be penetrated by these creatures. The wraps can be easily installed on existing pilings. To protect your dock from further damage, add wraps.
How Much Do Piling Wraps Cost?
The cost for materials and installation for dock piling wraps ranges from $15 to $30 per linear foot of piling. This estimate is based on using a PVC or polyethylene material and includes the labor cost for installation.
The cost per linear foot can increase significantly if you opt for more expensive materials, such as fiberglass or neoprene. Additionally, if you have a large number of pilings or if they are difficult to access, the installation cost may be higher.
It is important to note that the cost of not protecting your dock pilings can be much higher in the long run, as damage from the elements and marine life can result in costly repairs and replacement. Investing in piling wraps can help extend the lifespan of your dock and prevent future expenses.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Dock Piling Wrap
Several factors can affect the cost of dock pilings wrap. These include:
- Type of Material: The material used for the piling wrap is one of the most significant factors affecting the cost. Different materials have different costs, and some are more expensive than others. For example, fiberglass and neoprene are generally more expensive than PVC or polyethylene.
- Piling Size: The size of your dock pilings also affects the cost of wrapping them. More giant pilings will require more material and labor, resulting in higher costs.
- Number of Pilings: The number of pilings that need to be wrapped will also impact the cost. The more pilings you have, the more materials and labor will be required, resulting in a higher cost.
- Accessibility: The accessibility of your pilings can also affect the cost of wrapping them. Suppose your pilings are challenging to access, such as deep water or a hard-to-reach location. In that case, additional labor may increase the overall cost.
- Installation Method: The installation method for dock piling wraps can also affect the cost. Some materials may require more time and effort to install correctly, resulting in a higher cost.
- Local Labor Costs: Finally, local labor costs can vary depending on the region in which you live. Higher labor costs can result in a higher overall cost for preparing your dock pilings.
By considering these factors, you can better understand the cost of wrapping your dock pilings and make an informed decision about the best type of piling wrap to meet your needs and budget.
It doesn’t matter if you are building or protecting an existing dock. It’s helpful to learn how to do so. Dock piling wraps protect dock pilings from damage caused by the elements and marine life. There are several types of dock piling wraps available, including:
- PVC Piling Wraps: These are made of durable PVC material designed to protect pilings from the sun, water, and marine life. They are easy to install and provide long-lasting protection.
- Polyethylene Piling Wraps: These are made of high-density polyethylene material and are designed to protect pilings from the sun, water, and marine life. They are easy to install and provide excellent protection.
- Neoprene Piling Wraps: These are made of neoprene material and are designed to protect pilings from the sun, water, and marine life. They provide excellent protection and resist abrasion, UV rays, and chemicals.
- Fiberglass Piling Wraps: These are made of fiberglass material and are designed to protect pilings from the sun, water, and marine life. They are lightweight and easy to install and provide excellent protection against corrosion.
- Wood Piling Wraps: These are wood designed to protect pilings from the sun, water, and marine life. They are easy to install and provide natural protection against marine organisms.
- Concrete Piling Wraps: These are made of concrete and are designed to protect pilings from the sun, water, and marine life. They are durable and provide excellent protection against impact and abrasion.
Request a FREE Estimate
If you’re looking to protect your dock pilings and extend the lifespan of your dock, investing in dock piling wraps is a wise decision. At Beach to Bay Divers and Pools, we specialize in dock piling wrap installation and dock inspection. Our team can also help you choose the right type of piling wrap material to meet your needs and budget. With our high-quality materials and expert installation, you can trust that your dock pilings will be protected from the elements for years. Contact us today to schedule an installation appointment and take the first step toward protecting your investment!
Other Services We Offer
- Piling Wrap and Re Wrap Services
- Boat Detailing
- Underwater Hull Cleaning
- Full-Service Boat Rigging
- Drain Cover Replacement
- Pool Chemical Maintenance
- Underwater Pool Crack Repair